I can’t believe how long it’s been. Really. I think about all of these random quotes all the time in my life, talk about them in life, have a couple of favorites up on the wall. Yet I haven’t posted quotes on this blog. In three weeks. Wow. That’s a long time. A lot, and I mean a LOT has gone on in that time.
Like my taking the picture above. Little camera experimentation with focus stuff. What I do when I’m surrounded by people, outside, and bored with a camera.
Things have changed. People have changed. Situations changed. I’ve changed. And while it may seem like a short time scale for that, trust me, it’s not. It has been an extremely grueling three weeks. So I am being a bit antisocial on Saturday night and indulging myself and staying in reading baking blogs and playing music from my “Writing Inspiration” playlist.
And writing this post, because I couldn’t let another week pass by without writing. That’s insane. Four weeks. That would be a record, and I’m not ready for it yet. So here are 15 quotes for the three weeks. Some of them are food-related, because I am on a Pinterest/finding recipes from various baking blogs kick and I am itching to bake something sooooo badly. And while I usually am not one for cake mixes, there may be some angel food in my near future…
That was a side note. Here are the quotes:
1. “There is nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate.” -Linda Grayson, The Pickwick Papers
2. “Sometimes I think that the one thing I love most about being an adult is the right to buy candy whenever and wherever I want.” -Ryan Gosling
3. “All you really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” -Lucy
4. “My life did not seem so vanilla now.” Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
5. “Keep calm and eat chocolate!”
6. “The world’s most perfect opposites (and complements)- chocolate and vanilla.”
7. “Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands- and then eat just one of the pieces.” -Judith Viorst
(Second side note: I intended to have 5-10 food quotes, not 7 all about chocolate. Just sayin’, but it happened, and I have to save my JC picture one for another time.)
8. “Stop saying I WISH. Start saying I WILL.”
9. “Think about how far you’ve come TODAY and how much farther you’ll go TOMORROW.”
10. “What we anticipate seldom occurs, what we least expect generally happens.” -Benjamin Disraeli
11. “Pulling someone down (including yourself) will never help you reach the top.”
12. “These are the days of our lives. Don’t waste them.”
13. “Never stop challenging yourself.”
14. “All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust.” -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
And lastly, 15. “Being on top of the world doesn’t mean anything unless you know what it’s like to be at the bottom.”
I hope y’all (where did that come from?! I’m a northerner!) have a great week. Take a couple minutes to enjoy the little things, and most of all, have fun!