I hope summer is going well. Or winter, if you happen to be reading this in the Southern Hemisphere. August is underway here and I am sitting home typing with a “very good” excuse as to why I didn’t post quotes last week. Here goes:
I was working on an extra-special quotes post, based on one of my favorite books (I know, there are a lot 🙂 ). It’s super-summery and one of the funniest, if not the funniest realistic fiction books I’ve ever read. I’m not going to spoil what it is. So I was working on getting five wonderful quotes from it, ones that made me smile or laugh so hard while reading it, and pictures too. But I couldn’t get the pictures to upload on WordPress, and they were so crucial that I decided to postpone. Oh well.
So now you get 10 quotes cumulative for the two weeks. I hope you readers, no matter how small or almost imaginary to me, are okay with that 🙂
Here are ten quotes for this week:
1. “The only way to get rid of cockroaches is to tell them you want a long-term relationship!” -Jasmine Birtles
2. “There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.” -Jane Austen
3. “With friends, one is well; but at home, one is better.” -Leo Tolstoy
4. “The best style is the style you don’t notice.” -Somerset Maugham
5. “There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.” -G. K. Chesterton
6. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” -Albert Einstein
7. “You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.” -Albert Camus
8. “So of cheerfulness, or a good temper, the more it is spent, the more it remains.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. “Either hero or mud, there was no in between.” -Fydor Dostoevsky, Notes from the Underground
10. “You are your own biggest enemy.” -Coach Flahrety, my old volleyball coach
I have Geometry prep to do before I take the Regents a week from now. I will post a review on Nanny Returns soon!