Hiya! Last week was crazy-busy, so I didn’t have time to post my quotes. That made me sad, so I combined them into one big 10-quotes post for both weeks. That way you get all ten quotes and aren’t short-changed. 🙂
News that may be posted later: I received a math and science award, I wrote a new short story, I handed in my independent challenge project for English. All pretty exciting. And tomorrow we have the lab portion of the Earth Science final! I’m kinda scared, but only because it’s been hyped up over the past few days.
So anyways, onto those quotes…
1. “The power of finding beauty in the littlest things makes home happy and life lovely.” Louisa May Alcott
2. “There is a great difference between knowing and understanding; you can know a lot about something and not understand it.” Charles F. Kettering
3. “I love being a writer. What I can’t stand is the paperwork.” Peter Devries
4. “A real book is not one that we read, but one that reads us.” W.H. Auden
5. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate on the present moment.” Buddha
6. “When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get one, but you won’t come up wwith a handful of mud either.” Leo Burnett
7. “If you don’t get everything you want, think of the things you don’t want that you don’t get.” Oscar Wilde
8. “Be happy. I’s one way of being wise.” Colette
9. “Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is youer than you.” Dr. Seuss (just thinking of this one makes me smile!)
10. “When nothing goes right, go left.” (some of my favorite advice when I’m constantly making mistakes)
Have a great week! More to come soon!